Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Aaaaaand it's Another Post

Holy-I'm starting to freak myself out a bit with this posting streak I've got going, especially since I've downloaded the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron demo and may or may not be in a state of semi-fanboyish glee that has caused me to all but disappear from the internet completely in the past.

Anyway, this post is about said demo. I can't really say anything about the single player mode, though I did hear co-op campaigns are gone, which doesn't affect me since my multiplayer experience from the previous game came from escalation and the various multiplayer modes. Multiplayer is where I'm spending my time with the demo and I'm absolutely loving it. While the classes are the same(three being renamed) they seem more balanced than the previous game; (well I haven't really played the scientist yet so I'm not sure about that one).

I used to stick to Soldier and Leader in War for Cybertron and I sucked at being a Scout and Scientist so much that I hated playing as them. This time around I enjoy playing as a Scout/Infiltrator. I played a few matches as the Infiltrator and was surprised I didn't completely suck at it. I love the Path Blaster; I've dubbed it the "Jet Killer". In one match, a player from the opposing team opted to play as a Scientist. They hovered around in jet mode, raining down misslely death on my teammates. I constantly killed them with the pathblaster; It also has great aim. This match soon turned into a game of "I killed you three times in a row, you got me once" on constant repeat.

I also love the more robust character customization system for multiplayer. Right now in the demo, there isn't much, but it's great. I'm absolutely going to pre-order this game the first chance I get. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much as it's predecessor, if not more. Oh, wait. This one has Grimlock...I'm definitely going to enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment